Saturday, August 24, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday.

     Facebook has been suggesting that I choose a worthy cause and invite my friends and followers to contribute to that cause in lieu of gifts for my special day.  What a great idea!

     I'm not sure where this "I get to tell you what to do because it's my special day" thought process came from, but I'm jumping onboard.  Here's the plan:

Sew something.
Anything.

     No financial commitment, no "click here" to donate box.  I hereby command you to spend the day working with fabric.  Make a mess in your sewing space.  Cut a bunch of fabric into small pieces and sew it back together again.  Drag out a project you haven't worked on in awhile and make some progress.  Hand stitch a binding.  Get creative.  At the very least, Take an hour or two and ponder your next project.  You have no choice, it's my birthday and I insist.  I plan to do the very same thing.  To be honest, that is exactly the same way I spend most of my days.  That doesn't matter.  Today is MY birthday and I insist that you celebrate!  Now go get busy.

     I don't want to give you the impression that there are no birthday gifts coming my way.  The Hubs and I celebrated with dinner and tickets to the community theater production of "The Savannah Sipping Society" over the weekend and among other things, I have been gifted a TWELVE WEEK yoga class.  Yoga is something that for years I have promised myself I would try "when I have the time".  Without the daily responsibility of running a retail store, I have run out of excuses. 
     I'm not going to deny that I am intimidated by the thought of pulling on a pair of yoga pants and joining a bunch of women that are probably shaped like twigs and move like Gumby.  I only hope that there is at least one other person that groans louder than I do when getting up off the floor.  Wish me luck! 

This is NOT me.
….. but I do like those pants!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Have a wonderful day, and in honor of your birthday I will be in my sewing room making a Bermuda bag from Pink Sand Beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I hope you enjoyed every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a yoga drop out. If God had made me to bend like that, he would have made me a pretzel.

    ReplyDelete