Friday, March 24, 2023

It's the Little Things That Make My Day.

      Earlier this month I stopped into Cinnamons Quilt Shop in Jacksonville Florida and I picked up a copy of the All Florida Shop Hop magazine.  I absolutely love this idea!  From what I have seen, the two women that run the state wide program are doing a top-notch job of organization, promotion, marketing and making a difference in the quilting industry.  I have heard good things from consumers, participating shops and the vendors that support them. Their plan is to cover the entire US, state-by-state or by region.  If your state doesn't have a hop, there will be a hop coming to your area in the future.

    I'm not sure that I will be hopping to many stores during the event, but I did want a copy of the magazine so that I can check-out the quilt shops as my husband and I travel around the state.  You never know when a road trip might need a detour for a fabric fix ;).

    I was flipping through the magazine and came across this:





It made my day!


   In addition to the shop listings, the magazine features seven quilt patterns.  This particular quilt caught my eye.  Then I checked out the "recommended tools".  That's my Perfect Rectangle Ruler!  If you are a veteran of the Brown Bag Mystery, then you already know that the Perfect Rectangle Ruler is one of the rulers that we used for the 2022 Brown Bag Mystery quilt.  You probably already own one!  

   It might seem silly, but I get excited when other designers use my tools.

   If you are a Brown Bag Mystery veteran that is chomping at the bit for the next clue, why don't you order the magazine from a Florida shop and put that Perfect Rectangle to work on another project?  I would bet that Cinnamons in Jacksonville, or Boutique 4 Quilters in Melbourn, or Cotton Patch in University Park would be more than happy to help.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment